Friday, October 12, 2007

Jackie Chan and Jet Li. Nuff said.

Jackie Chan and Jet Li are going to be in a movie together. If you have any follow up comments to that, I couldn't hear them over the sound of my own pleasure moans.

Apparently, this is old news, but since I was killing myself with work back in April (when IGN first reported the name of this project, it must have slipped by me. Working 18 hours days can do that to a guy.

At any rate, the movie is called "The Forbidden Kingdom," but it doesn't matter what it's called, because I'm gonna see it regardless. They could call this movie "The World's Most Funniest Prison Rape Scenes" and I would still go see it. I'd walk right up to the box-office window and in my loudest voice, say "One ticket for the bloody asshole movie."

And if that wasn't enough, the movie's fight scenes are being choreographed by Yuen Wo-Ping, the guy who made Keanu Reeves a man in "The Matrix," and the guy who contributed to my ongoing love affair with Ziyi Zhang. He also made Donnie Yen slightly more famous than Rongguang Yu, but much less famous than Chow Yun-Fat.

The only problem I can foresee is this "family film" label, which can be the kiss of death for something like this. I'm already actively boycotting the "PG-13 comedy," but can being family friendly hurt this movie that much? I can't imagine anyone even wanting to see a movie with Jackie Chan and Jet Li if they weren't going to throw down and I'm sure the studio knows this.

No one goes to see their movies to see their layered performances. Jet Li almost thought they did, but word must have gotten back to him that his movie career was going to end right after "Fearless" if he didn't go back to kicking guys through walls. The word will travel fast if these two guys don't deliver what we want to see: Both of them, beating the pure crap out of each other.

"The Forbidden Kingdom" will be released in September 2008.

No comments: